Something like that :D
But here's the thing.
Missions are a big deal, and while I am still very excited to go, there are several things that I have learned that are NOT included in the mission packet.
1. Your days will fly by. What was once four and a half months will suddenly transform until your final countdown.
2. As those days zip past you, you get desperate to "make them count." Sometimes you can't fit everything in that you would like. It's okay. Life doesn't end after a mission.
3. When you're feeling uncertain, go to the temple. When you're feeling unqualified, go to the temple. When you're wondering how the heck you can leave everything behind, go to the temple. Go to the temple often, you will be blessed and comforted! (read about Mormon temples here!)
4. If you have to apply for a Brazilian Visa, the application includes like 20,303,430 papers to fill out, and they're written in legislative jargon. Be realllllly nice to your mom during this time :D
5. The time between getting your call and leaving on your mission is filled with a roller coaster of emotion. It's a lot like this:
6. About a month out (where I am right now), you may start to feel sad and anxious about leaving your family, journeying to a different country, learning another language, teaching the gospel adequately, but remember:
-Sister Colvin


THank you SO much. I really needed this. Because you're right. I'm just over 3 weeks until I enter the MTC and about a week ago I started worrying about the actual reality of leaving home. I think I'll be printing off this Elder Holland quote. I love him - he's awesome. Thanks for this. Really. I'll be making a trip to the temple tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete