March 31, 2014
Well.
Emailing home was rough, but other than that I am feeling all right. I’m sleeping and eating well, and my
digestive system is normalizing.
If only I could get our shower heater to start working! President Lima called this morning during
personal study to “study with me”. This consisted of him reading Matthew 11:28-30 to me and then
telling me to have more faith. He
said that he loves me and that he is praying and fasting for me.
Well,
it is already 6 pm – time to get back to work…..(four hours later) It was a
good night of work. We found a new
investigator, taught Lae., G and J, and then had Family home evening with Alc.
and Jos. The Spirit is really helping me
- he’s lifting my heart and touching my soul every so gently every time
I testify of a gospel truth. I
think that this trial with my dad’s health has made me infinitely more aware of
the feeling of the Spirit in my life. I will make it through. It is easier when I am focused on
others, and I am happy. I will
continue to work and serve and rely on the Lord.
Yesterday
I sat on the pulpit after accompanying for the opening and sacramental
hymns. I was throwing a bit of a
pity party, when I got the impression to look out at the faces in the
congregation. As I did, I realized that all 5 of my recent converts were
there. One of them was even giving
his first talk in sacrament meeting.
Jes. was seated with her husband and their little ones. Mar., who is leaving for a big family
trip, took the time and made the sacrifice to come to church before her
departure. S. was sitting with her
teenaged stalwart son, Marcos. Alc. and Jos. brought a friend with them to
church! In addition, there were 4 new investigators that are progressing in the
gospel who were present. I was
overwhelmed by the love that I felt for these people and the moment of
reassurance that was given to me that I am fulfilling my purpose and doing what
I should be doing.
| Does this wiring look "up to code?" |
Wed. April 2, 2014
I
feel unusually calm and completely at peace. The fact that our shower is still
cold and our toilet doesn’t flush isn’t driving me crazy anymore. I am not on
the edge of tears or snapping at my companion. I just feel completely at peace. I have been praying hard and working harder. I can feel the prayers of others
lifting me though this trial. I
hope to continue on like this!
There is work to be done.
| Typical day of tracting. |
Fri. April 4, 2014
Well,
we continue to have very little time to write or do anything besides missionary
work, but that is a good thing! I
am still marveling at the incredible inner peace that I am feeling. I was not
expecting to find acceptance or comfort so quickly. Surely it is coming from prayers, fasting, and the pure love
of Christ. I feel my relationship with Him growing stronger each day. I hope
and pray that in some way my prayers and service can bring comforts and peace
to my family. I hope that this General Conference will answer some of their
questions and concerns.
Our poor District leader had to have his
appendix removed last week. He is on bedrest for 15 days! He is continuing to help to encourage
us though. I am a big fan of how
he has led us so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment