Saturday, July 6, 2013

Time is flying by!

For the past 3 weeks all of my journal entries have started off by saying something along the lines of, "oh man, time is flying by." 

I'll start this post in a similar manner--time is FLYING by. 

I can't quite believe that in 4 days, I will be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will be living at the Missionary Training Center, studying Portuguese and delving into the gospel every waking minute. I can't wait!

But then....

I think about the little things I will miss.

-those beautiful early mornings of feeding the horses, hearing them gently nicker to you as you carry their hay, and listening to the peaceful sound of contented munching.
-Mumford's dramatic demand for a belly rub.
-sitting on a couch with my parents (or anything with them, really)
-having Sawyer try to bug the crap out of me, knowing full well that he is intensely satisfied when I squeal and get upset. 
-swimming on a hot day
-having two wiener dogs remind you how AWESOME you are (dogs are the best!)
-spending leisurely time relaxing with friends.

But I know that this is right. I get set apart as a missionary tomorrow morning, and then the next few days will be a rush! 

-Tay 

No comments:

Post a Comment