Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Rapid City, South Dakota

Ola familia!
Sister Colvin with President and Sister Anderson

Okay, so my flight here was EARLY. We reported to the travel office at TWO THIRTY A.M. (I'm on 2 hours of sleep...), were bussed the 1hr to SLC, we were able to call our parents in the airport (*literally* the best thing ever), and then I flew to Denver, had a 1 1/2 hour layover, then flew here! Luckily it's P-day, so hopefully I can take a power nap or something.
 
Man. I made it to South Dakota! There are lottttsss of cows, fields, and wide open spaces. I think I'll get along just fine here! I saw a small herd of horses as we drove in, and just about peed myself. SO. MANY. ANIMALS. It's awesome. I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep.....hopefully I don't say anything dumb when I meet my mission president at lunch! The sister training leaders picked me up from the Rapid City airport--think 70s carpet, tile walls, and Parks & Rec-esque wall murals. It's tiny. There appears to be very few people that actually live in South Dakota haha!

I just found out that I'm being put in a trio...............noooooooooooo. Thank heavens the MTC helped prepare me for that one! (Though it'll be hard to top Sister G and Sister T :'[ ) Trios are hard! There are so many feeeelliiinnggs, and girls (er, sisters) just want to talk about their feeeeeelings. I'm sure it will be a growing experience.


I love you all so, so much. Thank you for your love, kind words, prayer, and support. It certainly is felt on this end! Please please please write letters! I love getting them a lot! Btw--my address is the mission home address:


South Dakota Rapid City Mission
2525 W Main, Suite 311
Rapid City, SD 57702
 

 

45 seconds! Bye! Love you! Love this church!

Com amor,
Sister Colvin


PS.  My very nice mission president, President Anderson, is the brother-in-law of our friend and colleague of Kyle's, Dr. Reid R.  

No comments:

Post a Comment