Thursday, August 15, 2013

Things just got ... RAPID CITY!?

Hello family!!!! (and Devon...)

I have gotten a temporary assignment to serve in the......

South Dakota Rapid City Mission.

1st thought: ARE THERE EVEN PEOPLE THERE?!!!

2nd thought: Probably not, but I can totes hug on some cows.

Please someone send me some details on this mission, and if I will be teaching elk, turkey, rocks and deer, or if there are actual people to serve and teach haha!

I fly out Monday, August 19th, leaving the MTC at 2:30am. My flight is at 6:00am, so I can either call at around 4am your time, or try to catch you on my layover in Denver--I depart from Denver at 8:46, so it would be around 6:30/7am your time. We have permission to get a phone card and call from the airport.

Let me know! I love you lots, and am excited to serve in this new location!

Love,
Sister Colvin


In answer to her questions: 
The People are there, somewhere:
She will definitely tract out these guys to teach!

How about these guys?
Or maybe these guys!












What are the living conditions like and how will she get from place to place?

















What do people do for a living in her mission?


There is a lot of wildlife and wild lands, which Taylor will LOVE!




This would be her favorite...she would love to see this!
Other must know info for any missionary: The weather, well, let's just say it is not Rio....and it might require a wardrobe OVERHAUL!
Later in the Spring
Summer looks exciting!


Fall Harvest
Winter Wonderland!
You have to admire the road crew skills!




Is this how they do "rest stops" in South Dakota?

OKAY... it is not RIO! She'll adjust...

No comments:

Post a Comment